Concealed Handgun Permits

Concealed Handgun Permits

Online services are now available for current Concealed Handgun Permitholders!

Important, please note:

  • You must update your information with the DMV first, then allow up to 3 days for the changes to post before requesting a CHP renewal, data change, or lost/stolen replacement.
  • If you are updating information and also need to renew, please submit a renewal request only.

If you do not currently hold a valid Nebraska CHP, you must apply in person.

You must:

  1. Complete an approved handgun training and safety course, and
  2. Complete a Concealed Handgun Permit Application,
  3. Present the application and necessary documentation in person to the nearest Nebraska State Patrol Headquarters (see below).

Omaha - Troop A
4411 South 108th Street
Omaha, NE 68137

(402) 331-3333

Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Walk-ins only

Norfolk - Troop B
1401 W Eisenhower Avenue
Norfolk, NE 68701

(402) 370-3456

Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Call to schedule appointment

Grand Island - Troop C
3431 Old Potash Highway
Grand Island, NE 68801

(308) 385-6000

Tuesdays, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Wednesdays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

Call to schedule an appointment

North Platte - Troop D
300 West South River Road
North Platte, NE 69103

(308) 535-6604

Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Call to schedule an appointment

Scottsbluff - Troop E
4500 Avenue I
Scottsbluff, NE 69361

(308) 632-1211

Monday - Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (MT) Call to schedule an appointment

Lincoln - Troop HQ
Investigative Services Center
3800 NW 12th Street
Lincoln, NE 68521

(402) 479-4971

Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Call to schedule an appointment


Click here for the State of Nebraska CHP Rules and Regulations in Nebraska Administrative Code.

Click here for the Statute 69-2409.01 Semi-Annual Report.