Official Nebraska Government Website

Q: I have a citation to pay, how do I go about paying it?

A: The Nebraska State Patrol does not collect fines for citations. Fines are paid to the County in which the citation is written. The Nebraska Judicial Branch does allow you to pay your citations on-line. Please click on the following link: Waiverable Citation Payment System. You will need your citation (ticket) in order to complete the process.


Q: Where can I get a copy of my accident report?

A: Accident reports for the State of Nebraska are kept by the Nebraska Department of Roads, Department of Records. You may call them at (402) 479-4645 or view the information on their website at the following link: Accident Reports


Q: Does Nebraska Recognize Concealed Handgun Permits from other states?

A: As of August 30, 2009, Nebraska will recognize CCW permits issued by those states on the list below which the Nebraska Attorney General has determined have standards equal to or greater than Nebraska. This recognition extends ONLY to persons who are NOT residents of Nebraska. This change in the law allows non-resident permit holders from the approved states to carry concealed in Nebraska the same as if they held a Nebraska permit. No registration or issuance of a Nebraska permit is necessary. The same limits and restrictions apply that currently apply to Nebraska permit holders. You can review the regulations (which are in the process of being updated for some recent changes in the law) on the Nebraska State Patrol website under Programs/Services and then Conceal Carry. At this time there are no reciprocity agreements to recognize the Nebraska permit in other states although some states are currently recognizing the Nebraska permit voluntarily. Below is an excerpt of a letter from the Nebraska Attorney General:

Based on our analysis, the following states have standards equal to or greater than the standards contained in Nebraska's statute.

               Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota (class one permit), Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming and the District of Columbia.

The following states have standards equal to or greater than the standards contained in Nebraska's statute but only to the extent the permit holder in that state is twenty-one (21) years of age or older;

             California, Iowa, Maine, Montana, and Texas.

With regard to the state of Iowa, the Iowa "non-professional" permit is recognized as meeting standards equal to or greater than those contained in Nebraska's statute, but only to the extent the permit holder in Iowa is twenty-one (21) years of age or older. Nebraska does not recognize the Iowa "professional" permit, as it does not meet or exceed the standards in the Nebraska statute.

the state of Vermont does allow the carrying of concealed firearms within its borders, but it does not require a permit to do so. As a result there is no permit to recognize.

Unapproved States
The following states will not be recognized at this time because the Attorney General has determined that they do not have standards that are equal to or greater than the standards contained in Nebraska's statute:
              Alabama, Delaware, Georgia, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota (class 2 permit), Pennsylvania, South Dakota, and Washington.

Permits held by retired law enforcement officers as provided by HR218 will continue to be honored. For individuals from those states not recognized by the state of Nebraska, we do not object to persons bringing their weapons into the state of Nebraska while traveling through our state. We do, however ask that people transport their weapons unloaded, encased, and inaccessible from all passengers in the vehicle. We hope this information is helpful to you.


Q. I need to get my fingerprints taken, where do I go?

A: The Nebraska State Patrol provides fingerprinting as a service to the public at all six Troop Areas across the state. Below is a list of Troop Areas and address where you may go to get your fingerprints taken.

  • Criminal Identification Office- 3800 NW 12th Street, Suite A, Lincoln-Call for appointment (402) 479-4971 Monday-Friday from 8:00a.m.-4:20p.m. Nebraska State Statute determines what fingerprint services are provided. For a list of covered statutes visit the Fingerprint Appointments link
  • Troop A Headquarters- 4411 South 108th Street, Omaha - Monday-Friday from 8:00a.m.-4:00p.m.
  • Troop B Headquarters- 1401 W.Eisenhower Avenue, Norfolk - Monday - Thursday only. Call for an appointment (402) 370-3456
  • Troop C Headquarters- 3431 Old Potash Highway, Grand Island - Appointment taken Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday's. Call for an appointment (308) 385-6000
  • Troop D Headquarters- 300 W. South River Road, North Platte - Monday-Thursday, 8:00-4:00 p.m. (308) 535-6604
  • Troop E Headquarters- 4500 Avenue I, Scottsbluff - Monday-Wednesday only 8:00-4:00 p.m. (MDT). Call for an appointment (308) 632-1214


Q. I need a copy of a criminal history, how do I go about getting one?

A: The public may request a record of Arrest and Prosecution (RAP) sheet for individuals. The RAP sheet includes arrests and resulting dispositions. Dispositions are the result of the adjudication process and may include convictions, null pros, acquittals and nullified convictions through set-asides and pardons.

You may request a report, by mail, in person, or online. For detailed information on requesting a criminal history visit the Criminal History Report page of the NSP website

Or, call (402) 479-4971 for more information

The request must include the following information about the individual

  • Last name
  • First name
  • Date of Birth
  • Social Security number (if available)
  Next Page >